The session includes analysis and discussion on:
- Leadership or Management? Management and leadership are different but complementary. One cannot exist without the other.
- Managers do things right, while leaders do the right thing.
- The best leaders are also credible managers who are respected for their professional capabilities as well as their personal characteristics and behaviour.
- Functional Leadership (The What To-Dos)
- Interrelated Areas of Need - Achieving the Task, Developing and Maintaining the Team, Developing and Motivating the Individuals.
- Introduction to People Skills: Leader Qualities, Characteristics & Capabilities.
- What team members look for in their Leaders.
- Key Leadership Skills.
- Leadership Checklist.
Facilitator's Guidance Paper and PowerPoint Slides (Paper 900-007)
Participant's Follow-Up Paper and PowerPoint slides (Slide 900-009)