The session includes information and advice on:
- How to provide guidance on the people skills that are essential for leaders, at all levels, to create the environment in which team members work willingly together to achieve common goals.
- Why leaders need to be genuine in their relationships with people.
- How lack of integrity or honesty or to try to manipulate people will quickly result in lack of respect and influence.
- Why it is good advice to be fair, firm and friendly, but avoid being familiar, which, in this sense, means a special and constant closeness with an individual which is seen by other team members as giving the receiver special status and perhaps even special treatment.
- That your attitude will influence your behaviour and you should strive to gain the respect of your team members.
- It is not necessary to be popular to be a good leader, however it is essential to be respected.
Facilitator's Guidance Paper and PowerPoint Slides (Paper 900-010)
Participant's Follow-Up Paper and PowerPoint slides (Slide 900-011)